‘Peter James Adcock is an outstanding young . . . thinking musician . . who has made a substantial impact upon the cultural life of the South West . . . he has excelled . . . as a skilled and versatile keyboard player . . . with a particular flair for accompanying . . .’
- ACCOMPANIST An experienced freelance professional, Peter accompanies instrumentalists (including the trumpeter, Crispian Steele-Perkins), singers (including the international opera stars, Claire Powell, Sarah Walker and Yvonne Fontane), choirs (including the English Mozart Singers, Exeter Festival Chorus, Exeter Philharmonic Choir and Shaldon Festival Chorus), and students young and old. He also regularly accompanies for festivals, and also for many local public schools and teachers, in concerts, workshops, auditions, recitals and exams.
- PERFORMER He organizes concerts; performs in concerts for choral societies, Festivals and schools; gives lecture recitals for organized holidays; acts as répetiteur; plays the organ and piano for services, weddings and funerals. With a broad repertoire, from Baroque to Twentieth-century; from solo to chamber genres; as inspired accompanist to concerto-player; and much-sought-after director and continuo-player, he equally enjoys entertaining and educating. Imaginative programme-planning, versatility and diversity illuminate his recitals: introducing the rarely-performed and shedding new light on the well-known. Numerous concert and festival engagements have taken him from across the breadth of Great Britain to venues in Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium and Sweden.
- CURRENT ACTIVITIES He is currently working on his second solo piano CD recording featuring Preludes and Fugues by Bach. He is also working on the solo part of Beethoven’s 3rd Piano Concerto for a concert performance in Sidmouth Parish Church on Saturday 25th September 2010 at 7.30p.m. with the Isca Orchestra.
- RECENT TRIP having returned from conducting in Ghent, Belgium, Peter plans to conduct a choir for RunBySingers (www.runbysingers.org) in Venice in Spring 2011.
- MUSICIAN–TEACHER–COACH He also arranges and transcribes music using Sibelius software; writes programme notes; and sustains a substantial private teaching practice in Exeter, coaching musicians and singers of all ages and standards.